Multiple (Different) Editors for Same Model Element

I am considering to re-implement a Qt-based C++ desktop app as web app with real-time collaboration facilities. I have almost no experience at all with any wep app technology, so I will need to learn a lot :thinking:

Next to supporting real-time synchronization between different users based on a model-view like architecture, it should support the ability to have multiple different editors to the same model element. To explain what I mean with that, I will refer to the chart.js example as part of it is actually very similar to the very first ‘hello-world’ like Signal-Slot example in this Qt book. I have the impression that this could also be done in Convergence, but I would like to see the source code of an example.

The chart.js example has sliders to modify two different views, namely the chart and the textual weight-values just behind the sliders. This shows me that multiple views on the same model element is possible. In case these textual weight-values would also be editable such that both the chart and the slider position changes accordingly, we have basically this ‘hello-world’ like Qt example. Would somebody be able & willing to extend the current chart.js example to provide example source code for multi-way synchronization when there are multiple (different) editors for the same model element?

I’m not sure what you mean by different editors for the same model element. A model has data associated with it, and any number of editors can read from and write to that model. Convergence guarantees that changed data will be eventually consistent across all editors.