Installation questions

Thank you for a wonderful project. I was hopeful for the implementation of collaboration editing.

Sorry for the rudimentary question.
I used docker on EC2 (t2.large). Below is an example IP and domain.

IP: 1.2.3.4
DOMAIN: example.com

At that time, I do not know how to change the next command.

docker run -p "8000: 80" --name convergence convergencelabs / convergence-omnibus

Execute this command as is,

http://1.2.3.4:8000/api/realtime/convergence/default
http://example.com:8000/api/realtime/convergence/default

WebSocket was not connected even when accessing.

I want to try this wonderful project.
I hope you’ll tell me.

Hello. Thanks for your interest in Convergence. There are two items.

• The “8000:80” represents the port to open on the ec2 instance and the port in docker to forward too. So in this case you should end up with port 8000 open on the ec2 instance which should forward to port 80 in docker. You can change 8000 to whatever port you want to use on the ec2 host.
  • The most common issue we see is that users forget to add a security group entry for port 8000 in whatever AWS Security Group is assigned to the ec2 host. Thus the AWS instance firewall will be blocking port 8000.

I hope this helps. Let us know if this does not resolve your issue.

1 Like

Thank you for your quick response.
Thanks to you, I succeeded in trying it completely.
The management screen is very easy to use, and it is a project I would definitely like to adopt.

However, there was one fatal defect.

I am dealing with Japanese (CJK), but when I collaboratively edit Japanese input, the same characters are displayed repeatedly in succession. It is clearly unusable.

Perhaps the reason for this is that there is a problem with the handling of data during the conversion of character input and after the conversion decision. (This processing is not available for half-width English input.)

If this problem is solved, I think it will be a unique project with no complaints.

In any case, thank you for the wonderful project.