How do you manage responsiveness with Shared Pointer?

I am testing your solution and it seems to works great !
It’s simple et efficient. Crongratulation !

I tried shared pointer and a question appear to me.

How do you use it in differents screen size following users ?
It seems to me this feature is relevant only with same size of screens.
What is your point of you about it ?

Another great question! To do shared pointers you need some sort of common coordinate system. Shared pointers work very well for things like drawing applications, geospatial applications, etc. where the data model has a well defined coordinate system. You can see how this works in our graphing demos for mxgraph and rappid. Even if we zoom in and out, we still have a common coordinate system.

For things that don’t have such a coordinate system we have to use things like shared cursors, which are positioned based on things like the index of your cursor in a text document. Then, even if the cursor is in a different pixel location we can still render it correctly. This is how our text area example works.

@maxiplay Yes, good question. The short answer is that shared pointers aren’t really useful for most responsive web applications. If you don’t have a shared view, you can’t meaningfully render someone else’s cursor.

There are other collaborative cues that can be used, of course, such as the remote cursors michael suggested. Convergence was designed to have the flexibility to support a variety of collaborative cues, even ones that have yet to be invented!

Furthermore, in mobile environments there isn’t even a mousemove-like event to track. So there is no way of tracking what a user is “pointing” at until they actually tap on something.

OK perfect for me.

Thanks !